Monday, March 22, 2010

Bubble Chocolate


Similar to Aero, Bubble Chocolate is an aerated chocolate bar. This bar is 60% cocoa, all natural, and described as "bubbles wrapped in chocolate!" It is distributed by Bubble Chocolate in Salem, MA, but this is a product of Belarus. I picked it up at TJ Maxx (of all places) for $2.99. It is much lighter than a typical chocolate bar, it feels almost fake.


The chocolate itself is alright if not kind of bland. Its certainly not a bad flavor though. The texture is interesting and very new to me. It is kind of soft and crumbly and dry at first, but it melts almost instantly.


Ingredients: Cocoa mass, Sugar powder, Cocoa butter, Lecithin (an emulsifier), Vanilla.


Nutrition: A serving is half the bar (40g). 200 calories per serving, 120 calories from fat. Total fat 15g, Saturated fat 9g, Total carbohydrate 22g, Dietary fiber 3g, Sugars 16g, Protein 2g.


Well, it is interesting but it just doesn't do it for me. I don't feel like I am eating bubbles wrapped in chocolate, I'd prefer solid chocolate no matter how dense it is. I rate it a 5 out of 10.





No comments:

Post a Comment