Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Raspberry Licorice Log


This log (though I'd consider it more like a rope) of licorice is made in New Zealand by RJ's who claim to be "Making the world a better licorice place!" My mom got it for me at Natur-Tyme in Syracuse.


The bite is softer and less chewy than typical licorice. Its a great texture. The raspberry flavor is awesome, kind of like raspberry jam. However, licorice always leaves a strange aftertaste in my mouth. So any kind of licorice probably wouldn't be my first choice of a candy.


Ingredients: Wheat flour, Cane sugar, Glucose syrup, Water, Humectant (glycerin), Rice bran oil, Natural raspberry flavor, Acidity regulator (malic acid & citric acid), Salt, Natural color (fruit and vegetable concentrates), Licorice extract. Suitable for Vegetarians/Vegans.


Nutrition: A serving is 40g or one log. 140 calories, 10 calories from fat, Total fat 1g, Sodium 45mg, Total carbohydrate 31g, Dietary fiber less than 1g, Sugars 15g, Protein 1g.


Overall, not too shabby. Its all natural and I like the vegetarian/vegan statement. I can handle the aftertaste too. I would definitely choose these over something like twizzlers. A 7 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment