Sunday, March 7, 2010

Seitenbacher Kiwi Frogs


These are vegan gummi fruit candies by Seitenbacher. I ordered them from veganessentials and they come in a huge variety of flavors and shapes. I wish they came in variety packs so I could try them all. They are a product of Germany.


Ah, the texture is great. Too stiff to be "jelly" in my book. Its not sticky, it is kind of a bouncy texture. The taste is decent. It doesn't scream kiwi though, it tastes more like apple. There is a lingering sweetness to these that I really enjoy.


Ingredients: Apple extracts thickened, Kiwi, Apple pectine, Lemon juice thickened, Slightly sprayed with vegetable oil, Natural flavor.


Nutrition: A serving is 40g, 2.5 servings per container. 130 calories, 2 calories from fat. Total fat 0g, Total carbohydrate 31g, Dietary fiber 1g, Sugars 28g.


So, I like these. I definitely would like to try some other flavors because the kiwi doesn't necessarily wow me. These are way cuter than gummi bears or gummi worms. I rate these a 6 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment