Saturday, February 27, 2010

Gertrude Hawk 70% Cocoa


This is a 70% cocoa dark chocolate bar by Gertrude Hawk. They are a dollar each and come in a variety of flavors (70% cocoa is the only vegan one).


It melts nicely, rich and smooth. The taste isn't bitter but its not too sweet. The texture of this makes it taste indulgent. The bar is a bit thick though, I prefer my chocolate just a tad thinner.


Ingredients: Semisweet chocolate (chocolate, sugar, cocoa butter, soy lecithin (an emulsifier), vanilla).


Nutrition: A serving is one bar (49g). 250 calories, 180 calories from fat. Total fat 20g, Saturated fat 12g, Total carbohydrate 24g, Fiber 5g, Sugars 15g, Protein 3g.


Overall I think this is a great bar. I like the natural ingredients. The taste and texture combination is really delicious. I rate it a 7 out of 10.





1 comment:

  1. These actually aren't vegan. Milk is a listed ingredient.

    ReplyDelete