Monday, February 8, 2010

Organica White Bar


The Organica line of vegan chocolate bars are made in Switzerland for Venture Foods UK Ltd. The back says from Geo Organics. So, I am kind of confused about the company. The website they provide is seriously organic.co.uk. I visited the website and eventually ended up at venture foods.com which clears up my confusion: "Venture Foods is a small independent company and we distribute our own brands- GEO Organics, Organica, and Rain Tree." Small, Independent, and Organic, these people seem to know what's up :) In addition, the packaging states that 84% of the ingredients are derived from Third World ethical trading projects and the bar is wrapped in recycled paper (although it is also wrapped in plastic on the inside to protect freshness). I ordered this from veganessentials.com.


This is really a beautiful bar. It was broken when I opened it, probably from the shipping process, but otherwise in pristine condition. Its not white like a typical dairy white chocolate would be. It is an interesting off-white with specks of what I assume are vanilla beans. It smells like sweet, milky vanilla. It has a soft bite and melts almost instantly. Its cool on the tongue and really tastes like white chocolate. Sweet and creamy with nice vanilla notes.


Ingredients: Cocoa butter*, Cane Sugar*, Rice syrup (10%)*, Vegetable oil*, (Sunflower oil*), Vanilla*, Sea salt.

*Organically Produced


Nutrition (UK style): Per 100g: 646 kcal, Protein .4g, Carbohydrate 48.7g, Fat 50g.


So, this is half pure fat and very caloric. But, the bar is pretty big and I can't imagine anyone eating the whole thing in one sitting. I did a little math, each square is about 27 calories. I am a huge lover of dark chocolate and was not expecting to love this as much as I did. It is really unbelievably delicious and I feel good supporting this company who seems to have their priorities straight. A 10 out of 10.


1 comment:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly, this is a favorite of mine too!
    Love your blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete