Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sjaak's Hearts of Cherry Truffles


A heart shaped chocolate in the spirit of Valentine's Day :) This is my last piece of chocolate from Sjaak's. It is of course organic dark chocolate, but this one has a cherry flavored truffle center. Now, I'm not a huge fan of fruit and chocolate and I don't expect much. It is a beautiful piece of candy though. $0.65 each.

The dark chocolate outshines the cherry flavor in these. I like that. The cherry is kind of a nice background flavor. The truffle center is thick and kind of pasty but the whole thing melts together really well.

Ingredients: Organic dark chocolate (organic sugar, organic cocoa paste, organic cocoa butter, organic vanilla, organic soy lecithin), Organic cashews, Organic almonds, Organic palm oil, Organic cherry flavor.

These definitely surprised me. Its not the kind of candy I would eat regularly but the flavor is pretty appealing. I rate these a 7 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment