Friday, February 19, 2010

Maverick Dark Chocolate With Honeycomb Crisps


So I have been in Florida again all week (hence the lack of posts). The weather wasn't all too warm, but at least it was sunny :) Anyway, this is an interesting bar. It is 35 grams of dark chocolate with "honeycomb crisps". Now I am quite familiar with dark chocolate, but lack some knowledge on these honeycomb crisp things. I wasn't sure what to expect, but the crisps turn out to be little pieces of crystalized sugar (glucose) embedded in the bar. The company is called Maverick and the web address they put on the package is venturefoods.com, the same website for the organica white bar.


The bar was broken and a bit beaten up when I opened it, I will try not to hold this against the poor candy itself. The dark chocolate is pretty bitter. The little crystallized sugar pieces add a weird texture but a good sweetness paired with the bitterness of the chocolate.


Ingredients: Cocoa mass*, Sugar*, Glucose, Cocoa butter*, Soya lecithin, Sodium bicarbonate.

*Fairtrade


Nutrition (UK style): Per 100g, 503 calories, Protein 6.3g, Carbohydrate 43.9g, Fat 33.4g.


I don't really know what to say about this bar. I would probably enjoy it more if I didn't feel like I was chewing on chocolate covered glass shards (that happen to be sweet). A 4 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment