Monday, February 22, 2010

Wha Guru Chew


This was an intriguing little candy I found at Apple A Day in Miami Beach. The Cashew Vanilla flavor is described as Candy Smothered in Vanilla Caramel. It is also labeled Handmade and All Natural. It is a product of the USA.


The taste is different. It tastes kind of grassy. The chew is soft and stringy. The flavor is sweet, salty, and something I can't quite pinpoint.


Ingredients: Brown rice syrup, Cane sugar syrup, Sunflower seeds, Cashews, Vegetable oil (canola and/or safflower and/or sunflower oil), Cashew butter, Wheat germ, Natural flavor, Salt, Soy lecithin.


Nutrition: A serving is one bar (32g). 150 calories per serving, 80 calories from fat. Total fat 9g, Saturated fat 0.5g, Sodium 60mg, Total carbohydrate 15g, Fiber <1g.


To be honest I didn't enjoy this at all. I took a bite and wasn't really a fan. And just to make sure my taste buds weren't being weird I tried it again a good hour later. I'm still not a fan. For some people the flavor might be something they really enjoy. The texture is pretty good and I like that it is "all natural" and "handmade". I rate this a 3 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment