Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sjaak's Dark Chocolate Bites


In case you haven't noticed, I'm a huge fan of Vegan Essentials. I ordered three of the five Sjaak's Fair Trade Organic Chocolate Mini-Bites. I chose Acai, Ginger, and Caramel. They were $0.35 each. I think thats a good price and liked that I could mix and match and only order a few. These are nicely packaged and color coded, pink is acai, silver is ginger, and brown is caramel.



Acai: I am not too familiar with Acai though it seems to be outrageously popular and advertised on everything for some antioxidant purposes and whatnot (correct me if I am wrong). Anyway the center of this is fruity. Dark fruity like cherries or grapes or something and kind of sticky/chewy. I honestly don't enjoy it. The chocolate alone is terrific.



Ginger: This is an interesting flavor combination. Its actually unexpectedly enjoyable. There is much more filling in this than in the Acai, and the filling is more flowing. The ginger is more sweet than spicy and the darkness of the chocolate adds a nice balance.



Caramel: I was most looking forward to this one. Caramel and chocolate is classic. These however are unimpressive. The caramel is thicker, not flowing but not chewy. It is sweet but doesn't really have that caramel flavor I was hoping for.



Acai Ingredients: Organic dark chocolate (organic sugar, organic cocoa paste, organic cocoa butter, organic soya lecithin), Organic rice syrup, Organic sugar, Organic sambazon acai, Citric acid.

Ginger Ingredients: Organic dark chocolate (organic sugar, organic cocoa paste, organic cocoa butter, organic soya lecithin), Organic rice syrup, Organic sugar, Organic ginger, Organic ginger powder, Citric acid.

Caramel Ingredients: Organic dark chocolate (organic sugar, organic cocoa paste, organic cocoa butter, organic soya lecithin), Organic rice syrup, Organic sugar.

Nutrition: I don't have any nutritional info on these, which of course means there are no calories ;)

Okay, so overall I would simply prefer the dark chocolate plain. I won't buy these again. A 6 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment