Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Butterscotch Discs


These hard candies are Great Value brand, bought at Walmart for $1.00. They are simply those traditional butterscotch flavored disc candies that come in the yellow cellophane wrappers. I am kind of on a hard candy kick lately. Anyway, I though these were a bargain, 1 pound for 1 dollar. Product of Canada.

These are sweet but not overly so and immediately butterscotch-y. They also have a faint hint of salt which I really enjoy. Sweet and salty is one of my favorite combinations. This kind of hard candy is the perfect kind for chomping. Unlike candies such as Jolly Ranchers, these, and candies similar to it, have less resistance to molars. In my opinion this is good as I enjoy crunching on hard candies.

Ingredients: Corn syrup, Sucrose, Salt, Artificial flavor, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Red 40.

Nutrition: A serving is 3 pieces. 60 calories per serving, 0 calories from fat, Total carbohydrate 15g, Sugars 11g.

They taste is enjoyable, the texture is good but too many might make your tongue bleed (well thats possible with any "sucking" candy). You probably can't beat the price. Overall a 7 out of 10.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could find these! I looked at Walmart and the only Butterscotch they carried had cream and butter in it :-( I might check at my dollar store, I'm guessing the cheaper candies wouldn't actually use butter or cream. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These candies are made with common sugars all whitened by the use of dead slaughtered food animals. Every time you eat these types of candy, candy bars, cake, chocolate etc. You are also eating the shards of these ground up animal bones that come from all tortured slaughtered food animals in so many horrid ways including pregnant farm animals that go into premature labor right there on the kill floors of every american slaughter house and throughout the world. Please look up this inf. On the Internet if you don't believe me. You tube is a very good source for this kind of gruesome horrible information. Thank you for your time to read this Absolute Truth.

    ReplyDelete