Sunday, January 3, 2010

Dark Chocolate Crisps




These are like swoops which I haven't seen on shelves in ages. Basically they are pringle shaped dark chocolates with little rice crispies embedded throughout. They are Trader Joe's brand, guess where I got them. (Trader Joe's duh).


I think these are better to chew than to melt on the tongue because the crispies get loose and wander aimlessly through my mouth which I don't enjoy. However, I have tried eating these both ways and the chocolate has a nice melt but I can't stand having those little crispies just floating around. I like the dark chocolate flavor and when chewed, the crispies add an interesting texture though they are smaller than regular puffed rice crisps typically found in chocolate. The rice crispy bits add very little to the overall flavor, maybe a pinch of saltiness, but not enough to make a huge difference in the flavor of the chocolate.



Ingredients: Dark chocolate (sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, natural vanilla flavor, puffed rice (rice flour, sugar, barley malt extract, salt, calcium carbonate, rapeseed oil, soy lecithin.


Nutrition facts: Serving size is 12 pieces, 3 servings per container, 220 calories, 120 calories from fat, Total fat 13g, Saturated fat 8g, Total carbohydrate 22g, Dietary fiber 3g, Sugars 17g, Protein 3g.


These are nice, not my favorite, but I will have no problem eating the whole box. 7 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment