Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Candy Deferred



Well, I have been putting off the Twilight Candy Bar review for a while now though I'm not sure why. Anyway, today is no exception. In the meantime however, I've created some super sweet indulgences. My sister was home from school to celebrate her birthday, so I decided to spice up some traditional cupcakes. That's right, I decided on tie-dye cupcakes. All I did was color the same batter six different colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple) in six different bowls. Then, starting with either the red or purple as the base, I layered my way though the rainbow, filling the cups about 1/2 to 3/4 full.

I left half unfrosted because the colors were so stunning. However, frosting in my opinion, is a vital addition to cupcakes, or any cake for that matter (hence the half frosted).

I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with their prettiness. And of course they were a huge hit with the fam. If you have the time and patience for these, I swear they impress. Just use your favorite yellow or white cake recipe and some food dye (vegan of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment